Olive oil is not only a staple in the kitchen but also has numerous other uses beyond cooking. Here are eight other uses of olive oil:
- Earwax buildup: Putting a few drops of olive oil in your ears for a few consecutive nights can help reduce earwax buildup .
- Candle holder: Rubbing a thin coat of oil onto the holder’s base before putting a candle in it can help prevent wax from sticking to it, making it easier to peel off .
- Makeup remover: Olive oil can be used to remove heavy makeup without any drying chemicals and leave your skin feeling soft. It is particularly good for removing mascara because it also moisturizes dry lashes .
- Stain remover: Olive oil can ease the pain of removing sticky substances like paint and gum from hair and skin .
- Pain reliever: Olive oil contains oleocanthal, a compound with anti-inflammatory properties, making it a perfect pain reliever either inside or outside the human body .
- Dandruff management: Olive oil can be used to moisturize hair and lessen scalp irritation, consequently lowering the occurrence of dandruff .
- Moisturizer: Olive oil is a natural moisturizer that can be used to hydrate dry skin and hair .
Shaving cream: Olive oil can be used as a natural alternative to shaving cream, as it helps to soften the hair and lubricate the skin .
As you can see from this list, olive oil is used very widely for many products. Why not try some of these suggestions out? It may surprise you how good olive oil is in everyday use!